Who are ‘we’?
Electric Mustard is a creative agency providing design and web services for a range of clients operating in, music, events, education, PR and beyond.
Our studio is located in the United Kingdom at St Dunstans House, Bedminster Down Road, Bristol BS13 7AB. Electric Mustard is the data controller and our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email: [email protected].
When do we collect personal data about you?
• When you fill out a briefing form.
• When you are using our services.
• When you interact with us in person, through correspondence, by phone, by social media, or through our websites.
• When we collect personal information from other legitimate sources, such as third-party data aggregators, Electric Mustard marketing partners, public sources or social networks. We only use this data if you have given your consent to them to share your personal data with others.
• We may collect personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if this interest is not overridden by your privacy interests. Before data is collected we make sure an assessment is made, ensuring that there is an established mutual interest between you and Electric Mustard.
Why do we collect and use personal data?
We collect and use personal data mainly to provide a better service to you, enabling us to provide a more tailored experience. We also use this information for direct sales and direct marketing. It is important for us to get to know our clients, in order to provide a bespoke and tailored service. Your personal data is of use to us in our research, but also in crafting your perfect design. Furthermore, in order to better our service and to build a rapport with yourselves, we may contact you occasionally with marketing material. Of course, you have the choice to opt-in or opt-out of this service at any time by contacting our data controller.
We may use your information for the following purposes:
First and foremost, we use your personal data to operate our websites and provide you with any services you’ve requested, and to manage our relationship with you. We also use your personal data for other purposes, which may include the following:
To communicate with you. This may include:
• Providing you with information you’ve requested from us (like training or education materials) or information we are required to send to you. Is this relevant?
• Operational communications, like changes to our websites and services, security updates, or assistance with using our websites and services.
• Marketing communications (about Electric Mustard or another product or service we think you might be interested in).
• To support you: This may include assisting with the resolution of technical support issues or other issues relating to the websites or services.
• Follow up on incoming requests (customer support, emails, chats, or phone calls).
• Perform contractual obligations such as order confirmation, license details, invoice, reminders, and similar. The contract may be with Electric Mustard directly.
What type of personal data is collected?
We collect name, phone number, job title and email address, in addition to your company’s name and contact information. We may also collect feedback, comments and questions received from you in service-related communication and activities, such as meetings, phone calls, documents, and emails. From our websites we may collect IP-address and actions taken on the site.
We do not collect personal data that consists of race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union memberships, genetic or biometric data, health or mortality, sex life or sexual orientation.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We store personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the personal data was collected, while also considering our need to answer your queries or resolve possible problems, to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws, to attend to any legal claims/complaints, and for safeguarding purposes.
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we have collected is no longer required, we will delete it in a secure manner.
Your rights to your personal data
It’s your personal data and you have certain rights relating to it. When it comes to marketing communications, you can ask us not to send you these at any time – just follow the unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communication, or send your request to [email protected].
You also have rights to:
• Know what personal data we hold about you, and to make sure it’s correct and up to date.
• Request a copy of your personal data, or ask us to restrict processing your personal data or delete it.
• Object to our continued processing of your personal data.
You can exercise these rights at any time by sending an email to [email protected].
If you’re not happy with how we are processing your personal data, please let us know by sending an email to [email protected]. We will review and investigate your complaint, and try to get back to you within a reasonable time frame.
This information is used to make websites work more efficiently, as well as to provide business and marketing information to the owners of the site, and to gather such personal data as browser type and operating system, referring page, path through site, domain of ISP, etc. for the purposes of understanding how visitors use a website. Cookies and similar technologies help us tailor our website to your personal needs, as well as to detect and prevent security threats and abuse. If used alone, cookies and web beacons do not personally identify you.
Do we share your data with anyone?
We do not share, sell, rent, or trade your information with any third parties without your consent, except from what is described below:
Your personal data is only shared internally with members or employees of Electric Mustard.
Third-party Service Providers working on our behalf:
We may pass your information on to our distributors, agents, sub-contractors and other associated organisations with the purpose of them providing services to you on our behalf.
Third-party Product Providers we work in association with:
Changes to this privacy statement
Electric Mustard reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time. The applicable version will always be found on our websites. We encourage you to check this Privacy Statement occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Published 18th May 2018.